City Council Regular Meeting December 19, 2023 PDF Print E-mail

CALL TO ORDER

Mayor Bruce Altznauer called to order the regular meeting of the Rutledge City Council on the above date. Council members Tony Sells, Adam Beckstine, Brandie Owens and Brenda Thompson were present as were members of the public.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

Mayor Altznauer called for and led the Pledge of Allegiance.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES

Adam Beckstine made motion to approve the November 21, 2023, regular meeting minutes as submitted. Brenda Thompson seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

APPROVAL OF 2024 ALCOHOL LICENSE RENEWALS

Brandie Owens made motion to approve the 2024 alcohol license renewals for RTSN Enterprises Inc, Wilbec, Inc., Rutledge Wings and Atlanta Hwy Amoco, contingent on all paperwork being received and completed. Adam Beckstine seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICATION APPROVAL – KAERA ROSS

Mayor Altznauer said a business license application had been submitted by Kaera Ross to change her business to an event center. Mayor Altznauer advised per our ordinance this is not allowed. Tony Sells asked, what do you want to do? Kaera Ross stated that she wanted to have a more extravagant way to hold things. I would like to hold events and use Yesterday’s Café as the caterer. I am looking for another avenue to bring something more formal. She said I have a newborn baby and my hands are full as far as doing hair there. Brenda Thompson asked if she was going to keep the shop. Ms. Ross said she would like to keep a suite in the back to do that. Mayor Altznauer reminded the council that it is not allowed. He said there would be problems with bathrooms and parking. Ms. Ross asked about the Community Depot. Mayor Altznauer said it is a government building and there are different rules on that. She asked about outside events versus inside events. The Country Fair for example is a community event and is not for profit. A special event held at an event facility would be for profit. Kris
Bray advised Ms. Ross that the fire marshal would have to come out and let you know how many people the building can hold and other information. Mayor Altznauer advised Ms. Ross that she should talk to Morgan County Planning and Zoning on the types of uses she can have for her zoning.

Kris Bray addressed the Council and said she is getting ready to retire soon and if she finds a buyer, she needs to know that alcohol is possible. She said Rutledge needs foot traffic. A sale would be contingent on being able to sell beer and wine. She said I don’t have the energy to do breakfast, lunch and dinner. She said the door-to-door distance to the church has been met. I want to make sure there are not any hiccups with the beer and wine. Mayor Altznauer said he would call the City attorney about getting the measurements.

TEXTMYGOV PROPOSAL – INFORMATION ONLY

Debbie Kilgore said that she and Polly attended a webinar on TextMyGov. She said you can send out texts to citizens and it would be really effective when we have water leaks. She said Brad Evanson would like to come and do a demonstration in January.

REQUEST FOR PROCLAMATION RESOLUTION ACKNOWLEDGING INTRODUCTION OF EQUAL RIGHTS AMMENDMENT

Mayor Altznauer advised the Council that the City received an email from Triana James about wanting a proclamation for the introduction of equal rights movement for women. Council members wanted to know if other cities were doing this and asked to get more information. City Clerk Debbie Kilgore said she would get in touch with Ms. James.

Adam Beckstine made motion to adjourn at 6:54 pm. Brenda Thompson seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried

ADJOURN.

___________________________________ _________________________________

Debbie Kilgore City Clerk Bruce Altznauer Mayor

Search

Calendar of Events

E-Verify ID # 185591

Date of Authorization

01-29-09

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack