City Council Regular Meeting October 18, 2022 PDF Print E-mail

CALL TO ORDER

Mayor Altznauer called to order the regular meeting of the Rutledge City Council on the above date. Council members Brenda Thompson, Adam Beckstine and Anthony Sells were present as were members of the public. Council member Brandie Owens was absent.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

Mayor Altznauer called for and led the Pledge of Allegiance.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES

Brenda Thompson made motion to approve the minutes of the September 20, 2022, meeting as submitted. Adam Beckstine seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

ENFORCEMENT OF LAWS / CODES – LOUIS BRISCOE

Mr. Louis Briscoe addressed the council and said he has been here for thirty-one years. He said town has changed especially our street. I live on Nunnally Street and it has become a cut thru. We get tractor trailers and all kinds of traffic. The accident my wife was in recently was with a truck that was hauling tractors. I came to a meeting five years ago and speed humps were approved for Nunnally. Mayor Altznauer explained that the traffic study did not recommend speed humps for Nunnally because of the amount of traffic and the length of the road. He advised Mr. Briscoe that the City will install some 'No Thru Trucks' signs on each end of Nunnally.

Mr. Briscoe asked about the leash laws. He said there are two German shepherds that come in my yard and I am worried about our cat. Our dog stays in the fence. I am just wondering about the rest of the town. Do they have these problems or is it just me, are there others that complain about speeding. My neighbor has a 25 ft. chain link fence with parts of it down. He said what about code enforcement, do we have any. A ten-foot pipe has been installed next door that has created a swamp in my yard where I can’t cut the grass. Mayor Altznauer advised him that he spoke with Chuck Jarrell and thought it was being handled. Mr. Briscoe said two years ago the neighbor cut down trees and damaged his fence and trees. Nothing seems to matter about common sense stuff. Mayor Altznauer informed Mr. Briscoe that he would contact Chuck Jarrell the next day.

DISCUSSION OF AMENDMENT TO ALCOHOL ORDINANCE

Mayor Altznauer advised the council that Rutledge’s alcohol ordinance ratio of food to alcohol is 75/25. He said I spoke to Tara Cooner and the County is 60/40 and Madison is 50/50. This is difficult to meet. Adam Beckstine said I think we should at least be the same as the county. Tony Sells made motion to change the ordinance alcohol ratio to 60/40. Adam Beckstine seconded, Tony Sells and Adam Beckstine voted for and Brenda Thompson voted against. Motion carried with a constitutional majority. Mayor Altznauer advised the city clerk to contact Attorney John Nix to make the change.

PARKING LOT - FIRE DEPARTMENT

Mayor Altznauer advised the council the parking lot project was bid out and the City didn’t receive any bids. He said I would like to bid it out again. He said he would also talk to County manager Adam Mestres about coat tailing with one of their projects

GMA BROADBAND SUMMIT

Mayor Altznauer said this is for informational purposes only. This will be in Jackson, Georgia regarding rural broadband. The summit is at no cost and they will be serving a meal. The date is October 26th rom 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM.

DISCUSSION OF TREE ORDINANCE

Mayor Altznauer said Beryl Budd would be available as an arborist for the City on a contract basis. He said we will keep our existing ordinance.

APPROVAL OF BUSINESS LICENSE

Mayor Altznauer said a business license application had been submitted by Stanley Harris for HB Pressure Washing located at 235 Hollis Street. He said this will be a mobile service to pressure wash buildings, vehicles and equipment. Adam Beckstine made motion to approve the business license for HB Pressure Washing. Tony Sells seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

Brenda Thompson made motion to adjourn at 6:40 PM. Adam Beckstine seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

ADJOURN

_____________________________________ _________________________________

Debbie Kilgore City Clerk Bruce Altznauer Mayor

Last Updated on Monday, October 31 2022 13:24

Search

Calendar of Events

E-Verify ID # 185591

Date of Authorization

01-29-09

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack